Hello Lovelies! I've FINALLY got around to doing a blog post and what better way to start than on a SUPER easy hair tutorial. It's as simple as it looks (excuse my dark roots, lets just ignore them shall we). All you will need is a hair elastic and a bobby-pin and you will be good to go.
1). Take a big section of hair and tie it with a hair elastic.
2). Now plait the ponytail you just created, braiding half way down, grab one of the plait strands ready for step 3.
3). Holding one strand of the braid in one hand, push the rest of the plait upwards towards to hair elastic.
4). It'll look like this, like a wonky sausage.
5). Now wrap this around your hair elastic - creating the bun.
6). Bobby-pin the braided bun in place and that's it! Ta-da!
And that's it, now we all can pretend we are the Kardashian's in no more than 2 minutes.
Hello my lovelies! Happy Tuesday. As i never really post my instagram photos on here, i thought i'd do just that and update you all on what i've been up to.
1. This is a tree just outside my house and it decided to bloom its blossoms early. I'm so glad it's getting lighter (and the sun is coming out) so I can take beautiful pictures of beautiful flowers like this.
2. I decided to try out my new Luxy hair extensions. I split my hair into two and then added a few wefts on each side and created this messy dutch braid, braids always look a lot better with extensions so i was FEELIN IT! (p.s you can get 5 bucks off any of their hair extensions using my code GRACE5)
3. Another hair photo - there are many. My love of this circle hair clip by ASOS is ever lasting.
4. Found these beautiful heart bath bombs from Lush in westfield. Not only do they look lovely they smell lovely too!
5. Monday marked two years since my dad sadly passed away from a brain tumour. These are a collection of my favourite photos of him, ones that make me smile.
6. Benefit sent me the most amazing parcel hello!! In feb they were offering you a 2 for 1 in starbucks and can I just say i've never loved something as much as i love this bright pink starbucks cup.
7. Yes, you guessed it, another hair photo...I'm SORRY. This is one of my favs from the past month. I've been rocking it recently and it only takes 1 minute to do. Winner.
8. Tripped and fell into yankee candle heaven and had to take a photo because look at that colour coordination y'all.
If you'd like to keep up with what i get up to - please follow me over on my instagram @grcelisabeth and don't forget to leave me your instagrams below!
Superdry gave me the challenge of styling up a pair of their jeans with a really casual outfit. As being casual and comfy (so i can eat more pizza) is my favourite, i jumped at the chance.
I chose these high waisted jeans because you can't go wrong with high waisted blue denim EVER. Teamed with my most favourite trainers in the world.
This coat by missguided is my new favourite, I got it in the petite section and it fits my arms perfectly! No rolling up the sleeves situation here yo.
P.S Spot the cat...
Is there anything better than a matching lingerie set? No is the answer! Even though i very rarely wear matching sets, more like grab a black bra and undies that have polar bears on...they're comfy ok let me live.
With Boux Avenue being my most favourite lingerie site (and the only place I buy my bras) I jumped at the chance to review one of their beautiful sets. With Val day just around the corner I chose this Chloe set in "Strawberry" It's the most perfect colour and brilliant as a present for Valentines day (or a present for yourself, to me from me xox). Not only is it beautiful, but super comfy. I chose the Brazilian undies as they're BEAUT but still comfy, clearly i'm all about the comfort.
So if you're wanting to buy something from Boux Avenue for someone or yourself, i have a 20% code especially for you guys so you can buy all the lingerie your heart desires! Use my code GRACE20 and buy what ever you fancy.
As it's getting near "wedding season" I thought i'd show you two simple hair-dos you can do on yourself. One using the pull through braid technique and the other is a super easy pony tail.
The beautiful hair accessory i use in both of these tutorials is from Johnny Loves Rosie. Lets get started!
1). Start by separating a section of hair just above your ears ( using your thumbs going from your ears to the middle of your head is the easiest way to do it. Then secure it with a clear elastic.
2). Now divide the pony tail you just created into two.
3). Grab the first mini pony tail and tie a hair elastic about two finger widths down.
4). Clip that out of the way like so.
5). Now, do the same to the second split of the pony tail, tie an elastic band 2 finger widths down.
6). Make a little opening with your fingers in between the two hair elastics.
7). Unclip the top ponytail and pull it through the opening you made in step number 6.
8). It should look something like this!
9). You'll now need to grab the hair elastic that is at the front and clip it out the way.
10). And tie a new elastic band on the ponytail you created underneath.
11). It should look something like this! (don't worry if it looks messy).
12). Now pull the shinanigens out of it, pulling each loop upwards and outwards.
13). Once you've got your desired look, use a hair accessory of your choice to cover the hair band.
14). Tada, you should be done, the trick is to pull it apart as much as possible.
2). Grab a medium to small section of hair from the pony tail.
3). And wrap it around your hair elastic and then clip it in place. I clipped the wrapped hair under the pony tail.
4). Pull the hair from the crown forward to create more body.
5). This is what is may look like, it's completely up to you how much you pull it apart etc.
6). (Optional) Use a hair accessory over the pony tail and clip it in place.
7). + 8). And you are done. It's as simple as that.